Women of Wipro (WoW) was an initiative launched, as part of the Wipro Diversity Council, in 2008. WoW aims to bring together women executives across business units and locations in Wipro who have the passion for extraordinary personal and social transformation, working together for better causes and common goals.
Our faith in the capabilities of the women who work in our organization has created not only a local impact but has also reflected across our locations globally. Some of the major initiatives undertaken by WoW include:
- WoW microsite - Channel W, that includes a forum for women employees to blog, chat, and post relevant comments on discussion boards along with articles
- Speaker series/networking sessions with women leaders across the global industry
- Health and safety - self defense workshops and 'Fit for Life' sessions
- Flexible policies to enable work life balance including crèches across locations
- Mentoring for success - high performing women mentored by top management