Rules & Regulations
How to Start..?
Choose a scenario (either one provided or anything else) and submit your entry in any of the following formats. After detailing the scenario and related context, the entry could be one or many of the following:
- critique of current state
- suggestions to resolve, mitigate
- primary research and analysis
- analysis of secondary data/material
The awards are open to any educational Institution (school or college) registered anywhere in world.
College: Students doing full time courses and programs in colleges for a minimum period of 1 year – leading to a recognized degree, are eligible.
School: Students from Standard/Grade 9th (Freshman) and above are eligible to participate.
|India||Countries Other than India|
|Registration Closes||31st August||30th September|
|Submission of Abstract or Table of Content (optional)||15th September||N A|
(extended to 30th October)
|Declaration of shortlist||29th November||29th November|
|Final Results||December 2012||December 2012|
Each institution can send any number of entries against the unique ‘earthian registration number’ of the school.
There is no restriction on the number of awards that can be applied in one ‘problem statement’ or format.
Each team can contain a maximum of 4 participants and an additional faculty member. Teams should ideally consist of participants across classes/groups from the same School or College.
Submission of Entries
Entries should be submitted in English.
Format of submission is a written paper – essay, story, script. The structure of the written content is open format. Submissions can be supported with other material, like a presentation or video. Total size of the write up should be Within 5000 words.
Additional material may be requested from shortlisted entries and/or the institute.
The format for attachment can be any one of the following: .doc, .docx, .pdf.
Only 1 attachment is allowed for each entry, and total file size limit is 2 MB per entry.
For supplementary material (Video, Presentation), you can either upload the content on Yousendit.com or YouTube and share us the link.
Note on Plagiarism
1. Plagiarism is copying, close imitation and publication of someone elses material (written and/or electronic source like Wikipedia, internet articles etc.) and passing it off as ones own.
2. Entries resorting to any form of plagiarism will be rejected and not be considered for assessment. All entries submitted will undergo a plagiarism check.
3. Please quote and reference an external source appropriately in your submission.
Submissions and their contents
Any communication and/or other material that we receive from you (including without limitation by email and any material that you submit via this Website), (“User Material”), will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary and we reserve the right to use User Material on this Website, or any other website operated by us, and in our offline publications where considered appropriate.
Under no circumstances should you submit any User Material:
- that is knowingly false or misleading;
- that is defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory, of a racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory in nature, in breach of confidence or privacy or which is otherwise unlawful or offensive, or which might reasonably cause offence to any person or damage the reputation of Wipro. You must not use any abusive or aggressive language, swear, threaten, harass or abuse any other person, including other users;
- that you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses or approvals;
- that is technically harmful including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data, malicious software or harmful data;
- Impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Wipro, from and against all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses and costs arising out of your submission of User Material which breach these Terms.
Please note that User Material supplied by you will not be returned.
Wipro is not responsible, and shall not be liable, for any problems related to any computer online systems or equipment, software failure of any email or failure of an entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or the Website, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in these Awards. Proof that a submission has been accepted online will not be deemed proof of receipt. No nominations will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties.
Use of your data
By disclosing personal information to us, you agree that we may obtain, hold and use any personal information you submit to us for the purposes of processing your nomination and administering these Awards, and if you indicate your acceptance during the nomination process (for example, by appropriately marking the relevant box(es) provided) for marketing our other products and services to you.
Any personal information relating to each nomination will be used by the Promoter solely in accordance with current data protection legislation.